We’ve partnered with the brilliant people at YHA (England and Wales) to bring Alex Rider’s adventures to life with the YHA Alex Rider Spy Academy, a brand new Action Adventure Package for schools in 2015!
YHA Alex Rider spy training camps are launching in selected youth hostels nationwide. Now’s your chance to try out life as an MI6 agent as you complete missions from abseiling to kayaking by day, while cracking codes and designing gadgets by night!
AWESOME ALEX RIDER FREEBIES
And there’s more! Take part in YHA’s Alex Rider Spy Academy and you’ll receive a complimentary copy of Anthony Horowitz’s first Alex Rider mission, Stormbreaker, plus a limited edition Alex Rider Mission Complete certificate. Plus your school can get great discounts on Alex Rider books!
DESIGN A GADGET AND WIN!
One of the awesome activities on YHA’s Alex Rider Spy Academy involves designing a gadget for Alex Rider. Take a look at Alex’s gadget gallery to see blueprints of some of the everyday objects Smithers turned into serviceable weapons for the teen spy.
Your teacher or YHA member of staff can then send entries into email@example.com or YHA/Gadget Competition, Walker Books, 87 Vauxhall Walk, London, SE11 5HJ.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1) The competition will run from 1st June 2015
2) Closing date for entries is 4th December 2015
3) Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to YHA/Gadget Competition, Marketing Department, Walker Books, 87 Vauxhall Walk, London, SE11 5HJ before the closing date
4) Your gadget idea must be an everyday item – something that Alex Rider would be likely to carry on his person in the field; it has to be non-lethal i.e. can not harm or kill; you can produce your gadget on a computer but it must be your original idea and it must be in colour
5) Entrants must be under the age of 16 years and UK or ROI residents
6) There will be one first prize winner and 10 runners up.
7) Prizes are as follows:
8) The winners will be selected by the Walker Books and YHA teams. They will be looking for originality, flair, humour, function, attention to detail and visual appeal and the winner and runners up will be notified 30 days after the closing date.